This is my current setup for teaching online with VIPKID.
While the cup of coffee is the most important item in the photo, the other props and tools I use include:
- Whiteboard / dry erase marker
- Note cards / permanent marker
- Magnetic letters
- Matryoshka Madness Micro-Robot Matryoshka (used for reward system – kids love the robot)
- Ball and jax (used in some of the Pre-VIPKID level 1 lessons)
- Spinning top (just fun / motivation for students)
- Monkey sock puppet
This adjustable desk extension allows me to stand up while teaching (much better for my back). The height of the camera also creates a good point of view for the Macbook’s camera so my students can see me at eye level. I can also store my props underneath my computer as shown in the photo above.
Here are a couple more angles: